Algeria

• wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

Can anybody tell me why this stamp is listed at £100 - item number 281631328?

Maybe I am missing something - error - flaw or?

It seems this vendors items are very optimistically priced but this one is exceptional! I have tried asking the vendor but he has remained silent so far.
  • joulie

6168 messages

France

Hi.
    I don't understand either.
    This stamp is very common and I've never heard of a high-priced variant.
  • wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

It looks like this guy does not have a clue when it comes to items not from his own country. He seems to think that if it looks old it must be expensive.

I wonder when he will (if ever) realise if his items were realistically priced his sales would probably increase. When you see such stupid pricing as this item I should imagine most people will put him on their blocked list and never visit his items again!
  • wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

From the same seller - item No.460088552

On a good day worth maybe £0.50 yet his pricing at several hundred pounds makes the mind boggle.

Yet other countries items are often realistically priced.
  • cas6215

52 messages

Portugal

Hi,
    I think he asks what he wants and not what the stamp is worth. :D
  • lochinvar

16 messages

Australia

I have just had a look at this persons shop items and would have a few questions before i ever bought anything from him. They are:- the photos show mint stamps yet he describes them as used( i wonder what you would receive) His postage is very high as well, he also states that the buyer would be charged for his Delcampe fees and Paypal fees. In other words i think i would avoid him like the plague.
  • vaison_la_romaine

2 messages

United States

Can anybody tell me why this stamp is listed at £100 - item number 281631328?

Maybe I am missing something - error - flaw or?

It seems this vendors items are very optimistically priced but this one is exceptional! I have tried asking the vendor but he has remained silent so far.
    • Created on 21 Dec 2018 at 05:36
    This is nothing new.

Sellers are allowed to ask whatever they want, even if their asking price is perfectly ridiculous.

I've seen similar (not to say identical, yett hat's what they actually were) first flight covers being offered at above $100, whereas they regularly sell between US $6.00 to $20.00. For the buyer it's just a question of patience, to wait until an identical item is offered at an acceptable price. Those too highly priced covers remain unsold for years and years. Buying too high merely encourages sellers to inflate their prices.

Join the collectors community

Register Login